Matravers School is a large superb11-18 school pleasantly situated in the centre of Westbury. We occupy a very large, spacious site. The school buildings are of mixed age and have been significantly upgraded over time.
Recently the school has benefited from state-of-the-art additions including:
- a Dance and Music block in 2000;
- a Sports Hall and Dining Hall in 2004;
- a Drama block in 2008;
- and a new Sixth Form block in 2012.
Technology plays a central part in our school and we benefit from a range of technology and teaching facilities throughout the school. On-site facilities include specialist accommodation for Technology, Art and Ceramics and Photography.
There is one large gymnasium for Physical Education alongside a new Sports Centre and a purpose-built fitness suite. The Sports Centre is also used by the community in the evenings.
There is a separate Music and Drama building with specialised Dance Studios and Music Practice rooms.
Specialised Science laboratories enable the School to offer a full programme in Science to every student.
Our brand new Sixth Form building opened in 2012 to accommodate our Sixth Form offering an exciting and modern learning environment.
Further significant investment in the school has led to:
- creating a professional "Teaching Kitchen" and upgraded Food Technology area;
- refurbishing our main teaching block;
- creating a Hair & Beauty Salon;
- re-decorating our Music block;
- creating our new "Upgrade Centre";
- creating our "Outdoor Education" facility;
- creating our Allotment;
- installation of a "Fitness Suite".
Matravers School is part of the 'Priority School Building Programme 2' which will see the replacement and refurbishment of our Science, Maths and Design Technology facilities over the next few years.