Many Ofsted "Outstanding" features!
Ofsted Visited Matravers in April 2015
The summary from the Ofsted Report commented that:
- The headteacher’s outstanding leadership is driving forward the work of this rapidly improving school.
- Senior leaders and governors have worked well together as a team to secure rapid improvements in the quality of teaching and the standards achieved by students.
- Teaching is consistently at least good, including in English and mathematics, and in the sixth form.
- The outstanding curriculum, including in the sixth form, is matched to students’ needs exceptionally well leading to the rapid improvements in attendance, behaviour and achievement.
- The school is very inclusive and students talk about feeling part of a family. This helps them to mix well and be supportive of each other.
- Information about students’ progress is used well by subject and progress leaders to quickly identify where students need additional help or support. Consequently, students are now achieving well in a broad range of subjects.
- Students who are disabled and those with special educational needs make outstanding progress.
- Students behave consistently well in lessons. They are keen to learn and want to meet the challenging targets set for their achievement.
- Around the school and at social times students interact well with each other. They are very polite and courteous and their pride in their school is evidenced by the lack of litter and the new uniform.
- Students are kept safe. They are taught well about the consequences of the different kinds of risk and therefore know how to keep themselves safe, including when using the internet.
- Opportunities for students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development are rich and underpinned by an exceptional programme of extra-curricular activities. This aspect of the school’s work is outstanding.
- Leadership of the sixth form is now strong and students make at least good progress to achieve well in their examinations.
You can find details of our Ofsted Reports through this link: