What is the Catch-up Premium?
In June 2020, the government announced £1 billion of funding to support children and young people to catch up on missed learning caused by coronavirus (COVID19).
Schools have the autonomy to use this funding to best support the needs of their pupils, but are expected to use it for specific activities that will help pupils catch up on missed learning.
How will we use the Catch-up funding at Matravers School?
We intend to use the Catch-up funding to:
- Support the implementation of a recovery curriculum and high quality teaching and learning in every classroom.
- Identify the gaps in pupil’s knowledge through assessments, and support catch-up through subject based curriculum teaching.
- Implement small group subject tuition to accelerate the catch-up of pupils identified as being most disadvantaged by the lost time in education.
- Provide a range of pastoral support to remove non-academic barriers including a series of coping skills workshops for parents and pupils.
- Support the transition from Primary into Secondary School through summer school.
- Ensure all students have access to digital devices and ICT support.
Pupil’s progress through the Golden Nuggets of our curriculum is regularly assessed and tracked on Capture the Learning Grids. In addition to this, summative assessments in a more formal setting provide further evidence of pupil’s progress through the curriculum. Both of these allow the impact of the academic elements of our Catch-up strategy to be evaluated.
Pupil and parent feedback informs the evaluations of the pastoral elements of our Catch-up strategy along with attendance and behaviour figures across the school.